Monday, August 30, 2010

Portland and Patterns

I've been considering starting a blog for a long while and came up wit the title Lovely Sundries inspired by one of my favorite movies, My Fair Lady. I just love this Audrey Hepburn version of "Loverly" -


This weekend Mom and I booked a flight to Portland! I've never been and am more than excited to get a chance to look around! We'll be there for a week; staying at the Benson, meeting up with a friend of Mom's, and doing some shopping, and possible apartment and job scoping.

I want to make myself a top or dress for this trip and as I was searching through my material and patterns I found a box full of stuff my mom had cut out in the 60's and 70's and never sewn...

Misses' Three Armhole Jiffy Front Wrap-Dress from 1969

Check out the pattern - it's one giant piece!

Polyester Plaid Pants! Probably this bell-bottom pattern.

Misses' Bias Two-Piece Dress from 1977

I'm sure there'll be more in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment