Sunday, May 22, 2011

Declarations and Domination

Finally took pictures of my last weaving project!

logrug1
First bath mat/rug log cabin experiment.

logrug2

logrug3

logrug4
I think this one is my favorite... wish I'd been able to finish it!

Now I'm working on a color blanket to see how different colors come together. And, I'm almost finished!

It's been so long since I've updated! I'm finished with The Declaration of You. It was amazing! Really got me focused on myself and what I want to do with my life.
Here are my declarations:

I declare that doing things that make me feel peaceful, creative, intelligent, cultural, helpful, unique and innovative make me tick.

I declare that, above all, I am unique because I have an innate love of learning; I am loyal, honest, thoughtful, and encouraging, and I am a nonconformist (in a good way.)

I declare that I want to set my stage by taking the time to improve my health, confidence, motivation, and belief in my abilities.

I declare that I will take better care of myself by scheduling daily, weekly, and monthly “me time.”

I declare that success is the ability to relax because I feel financially stable and connected with my surroundings (people, nature, “home”.)

I declare that money adds value to my life by allowing me to: enjoy the little things (new foods, flowers, etc), stay connected and involved with my community, help others, give to causes I care about, and take care of myself and treat myself to some amazing life adventures.

I declare that it’s important for me to celebrate my wins (both big & small!) because it will help to keep me motivated, improve my self-image, and allow me to appreciate the steps towards achieving my goals.

I declare that I can trust my love of learning and my ability to achieve things in spite of my fears and concerns.

I'll post some declaration artwork and journal entries soon.

These next 2 weeks are going to be fantastic! On Friday I'm going to the Special Olympics with my students. Memorial weekend I will be reuniting with another Peace Corps Kenya volunteer. And June 2nd I head to Portland for the World Domination Summit!

"It's all happening!"

No comments:

Post a Comment