Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa and Stockings

Warning! Spoiler Alert!

I can't remember how old I was when I learned the truth about Santa. I remember crying for about 30 seconds before I looked at my mom and excitedly asked, "can I help with Mark's stocking?!" I think getting to help pick out little treats when we were shopping and being snuck out of my bedroom after my brother was in bed to help pack his stocking was even more fun than believing in a magical Santa! I was Santa! We all are Santa!

As I got older and was able to spend some of my own money to help fill stockings I decided the adults needed to have stockings too. And it’s a tradition we still follow even though my little brother is long past learning the truth.

Some of Santa's trends over the years…


Calendars

Kokeshi Darling by StephanieFizer

Space Invader by SeeChangeDesign

Standing Animals Calendar

Letterpress Flower Garden by 1canoe2

And Poppytalk has done some amazing posts with lots of calendar options!


Candy

Eggnog Latte Lollipops by Mihow

Pecan Pie Caramel Bars by Have It Sweet

Custom Candy Canes by SweetSweeterSweetest

Assorted Nougats by KettleConfection


“Toys”

1. We Are A Happy Family Card Game

2. Rorshock Game

3. Where the Wild Things Are Mobile by SaltyandSweet

4. Red Riding Hood Cup and Saucer

5. Gorilla Mini Cushion

6. Carnivorous Plants Windowsill Collection


Pencils

Pencils are a trend that started in the school years so that we'd have cool new pencils for the next term. I still love new pencils! And I had to add in the adorable Ladybug Push pins!>

1. Holiday Smencils - They smell like Cinnamon, Sugar Plum, Candy Cane, Gingerbread and Sugar Cookie!

2. Smart Smencils - They smell like Peppermint!

3. Eco Highlighters

4. Eco-friendly Colored Pencils

5. Ladybugs Push Pins

4 comments:

  1. How awesome are those candy canes! I also love that family card game. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the spoiler alert, that was hilarious. I found out when i saw the baby doll crib box santa got me in the garage for trash. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Where do you find this stuff?

    Calendars have always been my default I-don't-know-what-the-hell-to-get-you gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biologian - Thanks! etsy.com is a good place to start for gifts. I have a bunch of little online shops bookmarked and there are a lot of indie crafter blogs (much better than mine) that share tons of finds. Calendars no longer have to be an obvious last minute gift! There are tons of gorgeous, letterpress, artsy, well designed calendars that can be very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete